Out with the dated honey oak, and in with the sophisticated ebony shaded cabinetry, millwork and dry-stack stone fireplace, not to mention what started it all—a desire for a bigger TV to take center stage. These Ham Lake residents wanted to upgrade their small, very old TV to a large screen high definition unit. Unfortunately, their 15-year-old corner built in wouldn't accommodate the needed space. Like so many things in remodeling, the simplest desire leads to the most dramatic effects. In this particular case the old TV cabinet and fireplace was removed and replaced with a sophisticated entertainment cabinet ensemble shaded in a dark ebony glaze and Southern Ledgestone "Echo Ridge" fireplace surround.
Design/Build Consultant — Nadia Glynn
Photography — Alyssa Lee
The 65-inch TV with sound bar proved to be a very dramatic centerpiece to this reimagined space. It was was hand-framed to match the new trim and cabinetry throughout the lower level.
As you can see, removing the unnecessary vertical pillars, really opened up the sightlines and connected these two primary elements of TV and bar together. New carpeting and furniture never hurts either.
Before Interior Remodeling
- Wall paint 0561 In the Hills
- Shaker style clear Alder custom cabinets, concealed hinges—bar area
- Wine cube cabinet—bar area
- Shaker style custom cabinets, concealed hinges—entertainment area
- New carpeting throughout
- Re-textured ceiling
- New shaded baseboard and moulding throughout
- Fireplace - COSMO42-IFT Variable up to 25,250 BTU
- Southern Ledgestone "Echo Ridge"