This compact mid 50's story and a half needed new life in both the kitchen and the main floor bath. While expanding the footprint wasn't really a viable option, restructuring the layout and removing two walls made all the difference. Of course with any major demo and rethink, new surfaces carried a lot of the design impact. Still, since space was a big issue, considerable effort was placed on designing maximum storage over every square inch of cabinet space. For instance, both sides of the new peninsula were designed to accommodate massive storage potential. The "mudroom" bench opens up to store all boots, hats and mittens or sandals and sporting equipment.
"Sometimes, I find myself just sitting in my kitchen, and I can't believe this is mine," says the homeowner. Take a look at the before photos and you'll agree. The transformation is pretty darn dramatic.
Design/Build Consultant — Theresa Mann
Photography — Alyssa Lee
Before Kitchen Remodeling
Before Bathroom Remodeling
The bathroom footprint was actually extended by several feet by closing off a large unused hallway area.
- Bathroom countertops Cambria Berwyn
- Bathroom fixtures are all from Kohler "Archer"
- Bathroom shower wall tile—Avanti ceramic "White Bright Ice"
- Bathroom floor & wall inset—Jasba Aragon 1x1
- Bathroom floor field— 2x2 Matte Hite Hex
- Bathroom vanity paint is Hirshfields Beacon Fog
- Bathroom wall paint is Hirshfields 0017 Luna Moon
- Kitchen sink is from Blanco
- Kitchen cabinets paint grade maple, shaker door with square corners
- Kitchen cabinet paint is BM White Dove
- Kitchen wall paint is BM 972 Alaskan Skies
- Kitchen backsplash set 4x16 silk ceramic with picture frame 20”x20” AlysEdwards Serenity glass/stone mix bordered by granite Rondec.
- Kitchen perimeter countertops—Cambria Kelvingrove
- Kitchen faucet from Kohler—Cruette oil-rub bronze